Monday, June 30, 2008

key music.....and so...these..are..the days...of our lives...(you have to imagine soap opera music playing while you read that)


Well...are you all tired of my frequent posts yet?? I love your comments so I am glad you are looking in on us, it makes me smile. this is the face Jacey and I make at the doctors who makes us wait longer than we should.

So the latest Dr. news is that I am dilated to a 1 and 50% effaced, she might have thrown that one out there just to humor me cause she knows how tired I am of this, yet she was quick to say your cervix is still real firm so I would expect you to deliver between your original date (15th) and the later one (26th). So if that is true, I bet he/she is born on Lucas' birthday the 21st. it would just figure that they will have to share and can't have they're own day ever in their lives.

We talked about my swollen ankles and rib pain and basically I tried to convince her I am really uncomfortable so she would pitty me and induce me at the 15th or something. She did give me hope that if my uterus plays along and is in a "favorable" position around the 15th we could talk about inducing me. So we'll see. I do have to have an extra ultrasound at next weeks visit because I haven't grown since my last 2 appointments. I am still measuring around 33 cm. I am not particularly worried about it, I feel lots of movement and definitely growing into my ribs. So the battle of due dates remains the same. we (the doctors and I) will continue to debate when this kid is really coming. The 8th is my next exam and ultrasound so we will probably know absolutely the same thing then that we know now. I am measuring small and I should expect to have this baby around August 5th or something.... Now it's time to go, cause I am just sounding bitter and pessimistic . Good Night Y'all.


This is from early June or late may, don't ask why we were listening to this song, we are pretty much country music fans, so when it came on as we were flippin thru stations Justin cranked it and the kids thought that was pretty funny....so did I apparently cause you can here me giggling throughout the whole thing. I hope it plays. It started out as us trying to get Lucas' face when Justin would roll down all the windows while going 50, it was also pretty histerical, but we didn't capture the wind in the face look but this makes up for it.

6 comments:

Jennis said...

I laugh out loud every time I play that video, gosh he's funny, he really likes a good beat. He's got the moves doesn't he??!!!

Ashlee said...

Thanks for posting again! I love to check up on ya, especially to find out what the crazy drs. have to say! I think my baby is finally dropping a bit because I'm not having as much rib pain. I hope tomorrow my dr. will tell me I'm at a 4 and ready to have this baby anytime...hahahaha!! YEah Right! I feel like I'm going to be preggo forever! Good luck and we'll all be checking in, so keep the posts coming!

Kirk and Jill Smith - said...

What a cutie. That kid always cracks me up and he definitely has some moves!!! Sorry we didn't get to stay and play yesterday. Hope you had a good birthday!!!

Paula said...

Have lots and lots of sex!!! :-) Everyone says that's supposed to "soften" the cervix. :-) I'm crossing my fingers and sending all the labor vibes to you that I can! Love ya!

Paula said...

Oh and Lucas dancing is HILARIOUS!!! :-)

Ashlee said...

Hey! I haven't gotten around to making a post, but I had her on July 3rd!!!! She was 6lbs. 1 oz. and 20" long. I went into labor around 3:30am and didn't have her until 11:30 that night! AAGH! It was long and painful! We named her Samantha. I'll be putting a post up with some pictures in the next day or two! Hopefully you'll be done soon too!!!!!!