Tuesday, June 10, 2008

SICK and TIRED....but this time it isn't me!



This is Lucas on his death bed with a puke bowl just in case. And after his tylenol kicked in the puke bowl on his head, (still clean :)
My poor babies...Lucas came home from church fine and by 6:30 in the evening he was cuddling with Justin looking a little wiped out. Justin said "he (Lucas)doesn't feel good" and we kept on with our evening, at about 7:00 he was asleep in Justin's arms and burning up, we didn't get a real accurate temp on him but definitely feverish. I gave him Tylenol and he was up an hour later bouncing off the walls like nothing ever happened. He was hot all night after his Tylenol wore off and so we did cold compresses on his forehead for a while and put him back to sleep with some more Tylenol. He slept in.... and slept...10:00 am rolled around and I checked to see if he was still breathing, this is the boy who is up at 7:15 every morning, and he slept.... FINALLY at 11:30am I went in to give him Tylenol and after that he got up. Dang kid was making me nervous. I know sleep is the best thing when you don't feel good but sleeping with a fever was making me wonder if I should wake him for his medicine or not. so finally...I did. Later in the afternoon after it seemed he was over his fever I noticed he had a goopy ear. I figured his fevers were from his now obvious ear infection and now that his eardrum burst the fevers would quit. But apparently he had more than just an ear infection cause after he slept all morning he still took his nap and we had to wake him up at 5 so he would sleep again at bedtime. He went to bed at his normal 8pm time and slept all night and through the morning until 10:15 this morning.

Jacey started with the fever while we were at Costco being VEERRRRYYYY mellow laying on the canned peaches the whole trip (except when we had the ice cream topping sample which they thoroughly enjoyed) she got into the car and after the rest of our errands fell asleep on the way home. She put herself to bed after some Tylenol with a 103.0 temp. I'm guessing that had Lucas cooperated he would have had a similar temperature. so they are both exhausted and sleeping Lucas on the mend and Jacey in the beginning of this feverish mess. At least there is NO puking.

Lucas has an appointment tomorrow for his recheck of height and weight and now we'll add his ear issues to that visit. His cousin had been sick before the weekend last week and we saw her friday, but she was throwing up and stuff, so I am not sure where we got this one. She went to the doctor and they found she had a double ear infection as well. I know you can't catch an ear infection but how weird is that?? They both end up with ear infections at the same time? maybe a cold got their poor heads draining into their ears instead of our their noses. We'll let ya know if the wee one has growth issues. I am assuming it is going to take years of monitoring before they do anything. this is just the first discussion of many.

The wind picked up last night, quite a bit up north of us and a little bit down here so Justin got called out and worked through the night into this morning so he too is asleep.

As for me, I am going to do whatever I WANT while everyone is sleeping...what that will be, I have not yet decided.... :)

8 comments:

Bowles said...

Oh, Jenn. I am so sorry that both your kids are sick. I am glad they are sleeping and not puking. I was wondering yesterday when the wind was really picking up if Justin was going to end up working all night.
I hope you enjoy your time to yourself. Have a good one!

rumblebug said...

Aackk! I am so sorry to possibly have sent this illness your way. Hopefully you have bypassed the barfing of it all. Sarah was definitely barfola on day 2 and better by day 3. I'd say 95% on day 4. The ear infection thing is wierd too! I hope everyone gets to feeling better soon. Keep us posted on Lucas' height stuff. If you need to call and complain to some one please call me - I think we might be the sources of the sickies!! Love you Swainston Family!

Ashlee said...

That stinks to have sick kids! Brennen had an ear infection a few weeks ago, and then last week he didn't sleep for 4 nights in a row!!!! I finally took him back to the doctor, and he had another double ear infection! So we are once again on anti-biotics. Sick kids can be very nerve racking especially when they're running high fevers. Good luck with everything. I hope everyone starts feeling better.

Kirk and Jill Smith - said...

Jennis, I am so sorry your kids are so sick. I was going to call you this a.m., but I'm glad I checked your blog. I hope all is well. Let me know how Lucas' Dr. apt. goes. Please let me know if you need anything. And you know you can call anytime if you need something and Justin is gone. I'm up all night anyway right? :o)

Christina said...

Oh those poor kids!! I was worried about Lucus while I was reading it. That is a lot of sleeping!! That is strange about the ear infections. I hope you don't get sick here at the end of your pregnancy, cause believe me, it is no fun having a newborn & being sick at the same time. It's actually AWEFUL!! Hope everyone is getting better now. How is that baby growing? I've been there with small munchkins before.

Paula said...

Oh poor baby!!!! I hope he's feeling better and that the sickies get OUT of your house!!! Love ya!

Kirk and Jill Smith - said...

So, you got your blog looking all cute and stuff. Where did you go? How do you do it? HELP!!! :o)

Paula said...

You are getting close...how are you doing?? Love ya!