Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Babyshowers, Bunkbeds and a picnic in between.

K- so now I have something fun to put on here. We are making progress on sleeping arrangements around here. We figured we'd better get started swapping children before the baby comes so they aren't all crying in the night at once due to a disturbance in their sleeping arrangements. So here are the kids new bunkbeds, they were a pretty good deal compared to what else we found and were the highest quality--go figure. After that purchase in town we went to the local furniture store and got mattresses for the best price again for your money...notice I am not saying I got a "steal" on anything... this is alllll adding up. Once you buy new beds you have to buy new sheets to put on them. So Jacey and I took a trip to walmart for mattress protectors (never know when the accidents are going to happen) and sheets. Now I have a me a little bit of a twitch, this was an expensive day. But I suppose it is the necessary change that was bound to take place. We did good on all our purchases, there was just a lot to purchase. This will be Lucas' first bed, no joke. He has slept in a port-a-crib his whole life, until tonight. He has been able to climb our for quite some time, though some how the walls of a playpen have given him boundaries up to this point, I am imagining that I will have to get up a dozen times tonight and tomorrow and possibly the next day... We'll let you know how it goes.
Here are a couple of pictures from the week, the kids and I ate dinner out on their picnic table last night while Justin was working late. He has started to work 4-10's instead of 5-8's which will save us a trip to Olympia once a week for work. Hooray!!

The other picture Justin took of Jacey all ready for church. Cute little bug. Look at how crazy her hair can be??!!








4 comments:

Bowles said...

I love the bunkbeds!!! The top looks safe and everything. Sorry it was a spendy day but what can you do. I also love the picnic table. It's so cute and useful. Good purchases Jenn.
Enjoy the sunshine today!!

Christina said...

Awesome on the bunkbeds. We did those before Thanksgiving to allow adjustment time. All I can say is good luck, chicky! LOL! I'm getting NO sleep now and had I waited to get them used to the new beds... we won't even go there. They look awesome. I hope they stay in them better than my kids. Can I say that I still HATE bedtime. It's such a fight.

You must be a rich girl too to have that kind of shopping spree. No, I really understand how those necessities add up. Yikes. Good luck- you are so close!

Kirk and Jill Smith - said...

spendy spendy... I've heard it costs a million dollars to raise one child. Nice huh? :o) The bunks look very nice and I'm excited to see them in person. Your kiddies are cute as usual. Where did that angel in the yellow dress come from? :o) he he...

Paula said...

They are so cute!! And getting SO big!! I'm glad you got stuff moved around...it will be nice to have everything settled by the time baby gets here. :-)