
Kirk, Andy, Justin and Jill rockin' in the new year.
Taylor Jane sportin' the "sprouts" (we named them sprouts when Jacey started wearing them- cause doesn't it look like you could pull on them and find carrots on the other end?
NEW YEARS--Here is my acknowledgement of the New Year. I have noticed a new trend, it is that no one is making new years resolutions...Is that odd to anyone? Does that mean we are resolving to do nothing this year? Or are we just becoming realistic in our thinking that it isn't realistic to make huge resolutions of change for the better only to let ourselves down by mid February?! Well I am constantly somewhere in the middle. I can understand not wanting to make myself a whole list of promises I have no intention on keeping. However I do believe there is an inescapable feeling of newness and betterment (is that a word?)that comes with the New Year. I would encourage those of you who are part of this new trend to sit down with yourself and take an account of your life. Then don't be affraid to make some small goals. Don't overwhelm yourself mountains you don't have time to climb, but maybe start on a walk to those mountains and just get moving in the right direction. I am going to do it too, and once I have decided who I am now and who I would like to be at the end of this new year I am going to make a few adjustments and set a few 'SIMPLE' goals and begin again at bettering myself. (Next step- write them down)
A few of my simple goals: read at least one book, reduce the amount of tv I watch and be more selective in my watching, read my scriptures before I allow myself to watch T.V., give my kids a half hour of my undivided attention every morning, and to finally get to the root of my picking. (yeah i actually wrote that on my blog, you all know me, it's no surprise to most of you.) I would put excercise on that list, but I'm not in the mood yet. When it gets warmer I will get serious about that one- hey don't judge me I don't do cold weather well.:) The thought is in my head it just hasn't turned serious.
WORK--now for the update. Despite all Justin's best effort he couldn't find anyone hiring close to home. So when he woke up the other morning and started making phone calls he was surprised that the first call he made wound up being an open call for linemen in Wisconsin. After some discussion we decided we better take it. So Justin left friday morning to the Milwaukee area for work. (In my car...grrr...it has the 4 wheel drive, it was necessary but I am still not real thrilled about it.) We don't know how long he'll be there, or if we will be joining him at some point but we do know it's not permanent and we won't be moving there. If I were to guess I would say 6-8 weeks but it could be 3 weeks who knows. we should know more tomorrow.
CHRISTMAS was interesting in a humbling, unexpected sort of way. Justin's mom came up from Idaho for about a week and we really enjoyed having her, she is always good company. We were keeping Christmas small this year, not so much due to our work situation but due to the fact that we have a large family and Christmas can get out of control really fast. We want to have a nice Christmas' for the kids without them growing up expecting a mountain of gifts under the tree. So we did a nice little Christmas. I got Justin a box of bullets for his 45 that he got after Thanksgiving and he got me some very toasty boot socks from Cabelas -he knows I am not a fan of the cold.(I'm also not forgetting the Ballet experience.)We didn't go crazy on the kids or the extended family and we were really happy with how everything went. THEN Christmas Eve we got a knock on our door at 11:30pm. I was in feeding Taylor (whose room has a view of the front door)and I peeked out to see a box- a large box- of presents sitting at our front door. I went to the door only to be followed by Justin who came out like a mole in the sunlight with his 45 locked and loaded ready to defend us all to his death, bless his heart. I had to giggle a little because since we've had that gun (I hope he doesn't think I'm teasing, he's just so funny I have to tell it this way) he's slept with it by the nightstand like everyone is out to get us. It makes me wonder if for the last 2 years he has worried how he would defend us if he ever needed to and now he finally has the control over his house he has always wanted. It does make me feel better knowing we have some protection in the house if we ever need it. However, this night I told him to put the gun away it was someone leaving presents, which had us both perplexed. Who could it be? Why us? What is it? We didn't try too hard to see who it was because it was obvious they were trying to be sneaky. They had backed into our driveway for a quick escape only they couldn't leave quickly due to all the snow and ice. We caught a glimpse of their vehicle but it wasn't a familiar one so it is all still a mystery. I was a fun sursprise which still makes me feel bad that we told everyone of our "out of work" situation and someone was generous enough to take care of us through the Holidays. I was told to enjoy it and stop feeling guilty, someone wanted to help us so just accept their very generous gifts and know we are loved and looked after. My only hope is that I didn't make it sound like we were hurting for the holidays. If our secret santa knows us through this blog, thank you so much for your love, thoughtfulness, generosity and support. May we return the blessing to someone else next year. What a great example of Christ this Christmas.




EAR PIERCING--And Lastly we pierced the girls ears on Saturday. I wanted to pierce Jacey's ears when she was Taylors age but Justin was firmly opposed so I respected his wishes and never did. This time I told him he got his way with Jacey I get my way with Taylor, he agreed hesitantly and we got them done. Aunty Manda has experience with this from working at Claires so she did most of the piercing. She bought the gun from Walmart and pierce our bitty cousin (her daughter) Harley's ears then came over and did Taylors. Jacey then wanted hers done so we plotted a little plan to get both her ears done. So has anyone pierced a 4 years old ears before? Once you get the one ear done, how do you get her to let you do the other one? Well let me tell you. You have Mom do the first ear, and then tell her maybe the other one won't hurt if Aunty Manda does it. By the time she realizes that, "nope they both hurt" they are already done. Hahahahaa. I know it's sounds mean but she loves them now that they are in. Here is proof. She actually didn't cry for the first one but the second she was pretty sure she new what was coming, and she was right.











11 comments:
GREAT update!! Boo about Justin having to leave for work...YAY about wonderful, thoughtful people during the holidays!! As for my posting...I just know if I don't post it right away...I'll totally forget! :-) Love ya babe!! Let me know if you need anything!
Wow- we have a lot in common right now! I'm right with you on the resolutions. I keep it real, but I love having an excuse to start fresh & make improvements. Yeah for secret santas! There are some amazingly generous people in this world, we've seen it ourselves! Love the ear piercings- Hondo would NEVER go for it. But when it's time, at least I know the trick- Thanks. You all look great!
wow, what a good friend I am, I didn't even notice when I stopped by yesterday that the girls ears were pierced. How fun for you. :o) I've always been scared to do it to babies, did Taylor cry? Cute stuff. Glad Justin made it safe and I hope your car is working ok. I'm with you on the resolutions. Always good to have a few, I'm staying pretty small this year too. (I didn't post mine) Maybe I should, that's really writing them down eh? :o)
Hey, I have been waiting for you to post... not like I am the greatest at it! I hope all is going well. I miss you guys bunches and can't believe how big the kids are getting! Their ears look great. Talk to you soon!
I love the new family picture!
Aw, Jennis - I feel like a million years of things have happened and we knew nothing! Frankly, I haven't even thought of making my own New Year's Resolution so you've inspired me to do it. I'm sorry to hear Justin is away for a bit - you know you are always welcome to come visit up here if you get lonely! We love you! And a sidenote: Joel does absolutely the same thing with his weapon, I'm grateful for it and it makes me smile that it brings such a content feeling to his heart. :D The girls' ears look fantastic - can't wait to see you this weekend for our Second Sunday!
That was a great way to get Jacey's ears pierced. It made me laugh because I can picture this all happening in my head. Jacey's thinking,"Aunty Manda must be better at this than Mom. She would never hurt me, unlike mom." Surprise! Boy was she wrong.
All I can say about Justin is I am sorry he has your car. But sacrifices must be made. I bet he is thinking he left the gun for you to protect the house. Why is so hard for you to give up you car for his saftey. Unless he didn't leave the gun.
We talked about this before but I know how you feel with the secret santa gifts. Its hard to accept when you don't feel that you need them. Eric tells me I need to learn to know that people love me and want to make sure we are taken care of. I am with you in that I hope we haven't given anyone the wrong impression about us being in dire straights. You have taken this whole situation with the best attitude. I am grateful for your example and that we can go though this together. I am lucky to have you. Get some sleep tonight! No more playing on the computer all night just because you can. Instead, Make your children wait for lunch like I am doing right now.
Love ya!
ah Jennis, I am so happy to see an update from you.
Let's tackle this one thing at a time shall we?
I am a journaler at heart, I love writting stuff down but am AWFUL at writting them, so the computer it is and having a laptop really helps in that area - and yes I do type FAST :D almost as fast as I talk.
I am so sorry about Justin having to leave. I'll be praying for you all.
New Year Resolutions - I have a modest list that I have written down and am putting on the mirror in my bathroom. I read a thing that said you should tell a LOT of people about your goals and they'll help you keep to them.
Love the girls ears! So cute! And when we had Belle's done I made Paula's friend hold her so I was able to comfort her after the fact and not be the bad guy SO..... :D
That is so sweet about the secret santa. I know it's hard to accept especially when you don't know who did it but having been on the receiving end at least once before also i'll just remind you to be thankful and pay it forward!! Love ya girl!
This post needed to be so long to make up for your slackingness over the past few eons since you last posted!
Good job though on the catching up! Fun pictures!
I'm trying to figure out how to comment on such a long post without a long comment? I loved it all! I'm sorry you're without a 4-wheel drive car, I'm happy to hear you all had a great christmas, I think you're crazy for piercing Taylor's ears (but you were very clever) and I hope Justin will find a job closer to home!:) Oh- and I loved your title! I wish I could come up with cool sayings like that! Anyway, I hope you have a great day, or night!
Wow! Do you think it's the ears that generated the 10 comments before mine?! I grabbed some icecream and it took the whole mug before I finished. Partly cause I read most of it to Dad (I left out the gun part so he wouldn't get any ideas). You are too funny. Like I told Manda, no more poking holes in my grandbabies.
Post a Comment