Sunday, January 25, 2009

Absence Makes the Heart Grow Fonder

WE"LL HAVE TO CALL THIS YOUR HAPPY BIRTHDAY FROM YOUR WIFE!!


Where to begin...Let's start with HAPPY BIRTHDAY JUSTIN! 28 years ago on this day a bright eyed baby boy was born, now this bright eyed boy has three babies of his own, a mortgage and the most beautiful wife any guy could dream of...Hey who's writing this story...back to the point. I sure love that bright eyed boy. We are blessed to have a father who is very much "in the picture" in more ways than one. He is funny, entertaining (to say the least), handsome as they come, handy, hardworking, smart, HELPFUL, they don't make men more helpful than Justin, playful, you won't find a better "getter" anywhere (you know, "dad come get me!!") he has this amazing contemporary kick that no body can beat (just ask him), handsome, handsome oh and did I mention he's really good looking too?? As Allanis Morsette put it he's "a little bit of everything all rolled into one" and that is why I love that guy. SO here is my shout out to the man of my dreams who has been gone for 3 of the 6 of his birthday celebrating opportunities since we have been together. Yes,we have spent half of his birthdays apart. OH and one Anniversary (our first). And here is why I say he is "in the picture" in more than one way, these are Jacey's latest drawings of her dad. I love em, Her Auntie Manda was showing her how to draw clothes and I showed her how to draw Shoes. I love that he has sideburns in the one picture and great teeth in both drawings. He's looking a little googly eyed but we'll keeep him.



Next- potty training is slow going but it is going, we have had some sucesses and the rest of the time he could care less so we are just plugging away in no big hurry but just making the effort when we know we are going to be home. So that is Lucas.

Taylor is crawling, not full blown hands and knees but definately forward motion toward whatever little thing her heart desires.

Jacey has been practicing her letters in preparation to see where she is for school, she misses the cut off for kindergarten this year and is a great debate in my head. Despite good information on both sides the book is not closed on what I am going to do with her.

And for me....I am now a brunette. I am naturally a brunette but not this dark. I just stopped by Rite Aid the other night and grabbed me a box of brown and slapped it on me. TA DAAAA!! The first one is what I had been looking like with a couple different trips to the salon for highlights, but they were growing out and I wanted a change. So here's me a couple months ago, and here's me NOW...

12 comments:

Jenn said...

WOW, LOVE the dark!

Happy Birthday JUSTIN!!!

Mia misses the cutoff too - it is VERY odd to me that Bright'll be starting school the year right after her, that is SO weird!

I am gonna do preschool for her I think here in the neighborhood, I have heard WONDERFUL things about a preschool here so we're on the list with a few neighbors too :D

Good luck with potty training...I wish I had some advice :)

Paula said...

SUPER HAPPY BIRTHDAY JUSTIN!!!!

I LOVE your dark hair!! It looks fantastic! xoxo!!!

Christina said...

I loved this post. You're writing is fun to read. You crack me up. And very cute color there! Just like you to do that on a whim. You reminded me how grown out my color is- I'll be making that appointment tomorrow. Happy Bday to your hubby. I'm soooo glad you have found yourself such a perfect match & that you're so happy.

And what's up with crawling? Holy smokes! You've got an active one on your hands!! Mason still doesn't even change directions, let alone go forward. I'm fine with that too.

Anonymous said...

I love your hair...it looks so good. Happy Birthday Justin. I know all to well what it's like not to spend birthdays and Anniversarys togehter but it works out to celebrate when they get home. Plus you can put them all into one. sounds like all is good back home. Jacey's drawings are great and so cute! good luck on potty training. I just let tanner run around naked and it's working better then the whole underwear thing of course we stay in but it's working. One step at a time.

Bowles said...

Happy Birthday Justin!!
Jenn your hair looks great. I think you can go either way with hair color and still look amazing. You are a punk.
Sorry your man is gone for his birthday. Its the "not so great" part of life but you never know what blessings will come of this whole situation. I loved the quote!
Here is one I have been using lately with many projects. "I can't stop once I start...It stings!"

The Allred Family said...

Happy Birthday Justin!!!
Jennis I love your hair!!! It looks so good. I wish I was there to see it in person! Hopefully we will be able to get together sooner rather than later! :)

Kirk and Jill Smith - said...

Of course a big HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Justin. Sorry he didn't get to play along with you. :o( I'm sorry Lucas is a bug at potty training, but I think he's right on track. As for Taylor, you have yet to see the amazing things I've seen from that girl. ha ha ha.... And good luck with your decision for Jacey. You'll know when the time comes what to do..

Ashlee said...

Great post! I LOVE the new hair color. In July I did the same thing and I really like it. Emma missed the deadline for kindergarten by 3 weeks, and here it wasn't even a possibility to put her through, but I have LOVED having her be the older one in the class! She was definitely ready to go the year before, but I know she would have struggled more. Now she's at the top of her class and loves it! I wished then that she could've gone, but now, I am very grateful for where she's at. Good luck with the decision! I hope life is going good even though your hubby is away! Take Care.

Crystal said...

Ohhhhh... I LOVE THE COLOR!!!! You are right, we are sisters at heart:) You look amazing! Love ya doll!

The Tanner Family said...

Happy Birthday Justin. Any you are so correct, absense does make the heart grow fonder. You of course look beautiful. It is different, but still beautiful! Miss you!

mamaseversike said...

Hi jen, I commented yesterday when after 3 hours you had 9 posts, but something didn't work and I lost all my brilliant work. It was something about Happy Birthday to the lineman, and that I guess I now know what I have to do to get responses--stop by Rite-Aid for a box of brown!! (Dad said in your new picture you have my chin... I'll need that back.) (Ha, I still kill me)

Megan Erickson said...

Hey -love the brown... looks good.
Happy birthday to your hubby!
We should get together sometime.. girls night out or something.. Tonight is cooking group at my house.. although i never heard it announced at all on sunday so we will see who shows up..