he said, "the 5th or the 12th?"
me, "what?"
him, 'the 5th or the 12th?"
me, "the 12th?"
him, "I need the credit card number"
me, "what is going on?"
him, "I'm taking you on a date, you need to go buy a fancy dress. what is the credit card number?"
me, a little hesitant, "alright...where are we going?"
him, "it's a surprise, you can buy shoes too if you want."
and what girl is going to argue with that? not me...
so the tickets came in the mail and he couldn't help himself and he told me. It was a really fun surprise mostly because he thought of it, he planned it and all I had to do was play along and I tell you what....I did play along, I went and bought a dress that ended up being 50% off and shoes to match. I worked with Taylor for several weeks on taking a bottle so when my family watched the kids she would eat for them. and it turns out she didn't want that smelly ol' bottle at first but them decided she had done this before and it was going to be ok.
I also learned something about myself. Something that I need to change and actually got a chance yesterday to see if I was really going to change or not. Every time there is an important picture taking opportunity I OBSESS over how I look. I want to look just right. I did it on my wedding day, my sealing day, getting a new drivers licence and every time we go to get family pictures taken (three times) so I have sucked the fun out of all of those events because I don't like how anything is turning out and it ruins my attitude about the whole event and I just end up making Justin insane and the everyone around me miserable. I only realized that it was my fault and something I had to fix this time around on my preparation for the ballet date. I spent hours getting my hair to do something "special" and I couldn't make anything work. In the end I ended up with a glorified ponytail that I could have done in 5 minutes. same with the makeup.
Anyways, I had a chance to redeem myself yesterday when had some family pictures done and i am delighted to tell you that it worked. I got ready like my life was not going to be altered if didn't look like a movie star and everything was ssoooooo much better. I still looked fine, it only took a total of 25 minutes, the kids were happy, Justin was sooo happy, and the pictures turned out just fine. So thank you to everyone who has ever waited for me to get ready, and will ever wait for me again, things should be better from here on out. And the grand finale. the pictures. Justin always looks great and it only takes him five minutes, ten max if he has to shave. So here we are at the nutcracker having a good time. it was a much anticipated date that was a lot of fun. Thanks to those who helped shop with me, and especially watch kids while we got to go on this amazing adventure.




Next, family pictures... Our friend DeWin came over from church and took them for us, I think we all thought we would do them outside until we got ready and realized it was 12 degrees outside and that it wouldn't be fun or attractive to see our little frozen faces on camera. they happened quick and the kids weren't horribly cooperative so we got a couple that were good enough and called it a day. we will be put those together today. DeWin was a good sport and still wants to go outside and do some "real ones" with her good camera. We will definitely to that when it warms up. but here is a preview, I am not putting the family one on here cause that would ruin the surprise- don't cha know!! here are a couple of teasers.
Cute girls, if I do say so myself.
I just have to say, I sure married well. What handsome boys I have.








10 comments:
I LOVE the pictures and you look fabulous!!! How sweet of Justin! I'm glad you guys had a great time! Love ya!
I am so happy for you!I am glad that you had a good time at the nutcracke. You look so beautiful...ALWAYS! I just want you to know that I think you and your family are wonderful and I am so grateful that I got to know you.
Wow, Jen. You gotta be careful, baby-doll, you DO look like a movie star and talking like you don't could definitely make the rest of us feel like chopped liver. Even if I had the professional hairdresser,make-up artist, wardrobe person AND a air-brush editor and soft-focus camera, I'm not going to look like you do in those great pictures. Where on earth did you ever learn to be so hard on yourself? Time to put that lie away. Love you, mama
Your family is beautiful, Jennis. And so are you, you hot thang! Justin is one lucky guy. You look amazing for just having your 3rd! What a sweet man you have too. I guess you both deserve each other.
how sweet are those pictures :) Love them all and what a great idea for Justin to have! XOXO
You look amazing Jen! Your whole family is cute!keep up the great work!
What a beautiful family you have Jennis! And I'm with your mom...you totally look like a movie star. No wonder your kids are so adorable. Love, Jacquie
You definitely look gorgeous in your dress!! And I LOVE the family pics, you are all so cute!! Glad to hear Justin got to go back to work, what a relief. Hopefully it's not a temporary fix. We sure miss you and hope you're having a good Christmas season. Oh, and the snowflakes are so so cute. You are always so creative. Miss you and love you guys!!`
Jenn, I agree with mama! Your family looks super cute! The pic of the boys is super sweet. I also love the Nutcracker dress. Super cute. great job shopping everyone likes a good deal.
Have a Merry Christmas! I hope your mother-in-law made it safe and sound. Love ya!
I just read my comment. Apparently everything is "super" today. Dont know why. So enjoy and you may as well have a super day!
Post a Comment