Thursday, October 22, 2009

You've had a Birthday shout hooray!!!








Sorry it's been a bit fellow bloggers, We have been getting used to a different schedule around here. Jacey started preschool this year and it's right in the middle of the darn day. It's ok, but nap time is CA-RAZY. So while my kiddo's are sleeping for the last couple minutes I wanted to do one of those cute "show how much they've grown" birthday montages. Here Jacey now from birth to now. It's funny to see how much she grew from 3-4 she really changed that year.
Happy 5th Birthday Jacey you started out as a "hard" baby, you were colicky (I know that know-though I had no idea what was wrong with you back then) we figured that out with some help. I still remember doing power rocking with you because it was the only thing that made you happy when you got into one of your colicky spells. For those of you unfamiliar with power rocking it is a term I made up, it is basically is a power squat with a jump. hold baby like a piece of firewood (not a football) and bend down as far as you can then, jump up and continue this move several dozen times until baby stops screaming. It's also a great glute, hamstring and thigh workout. Once you were old enough to walk you got really good at climbing and hanging and talking. You will always be known for being my baby with adult type enunciation and pronunciation. You had an incredible vocabulary and the general public could understand you from a very young age. Some of you most impressive words were: Mississippi, quesadilla, supercalafragilistic....just kidding. but the other two were really funny to here your little bitty voice say, people couldn't believe such big words were coming out of such a little person.

You were also know for your great blond curls, and always funny expression. Some of those expressions have been caught on tape and in pictures, which are some of our very favorites. Here are a few. You were the reason the term "sprouts" came about as a reference to yours little bitty pig tails. I hope you always stay as funny as you are now, we love having you as part of our family.

8 comments:

Paula said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JACEY!!!! I seriously can't believe that she is five years old! OH MY GOSH! She's such a little cutie! I love the pictures! Love you!

Marti Hawker said...

They grow so fast!!!! You have such a beautiful girl. :)

The Tanner Family said...

Happy Birthday Jacey! I miss you all so much! This is beautiful Jennis. She will treasure this forever! She definatly is a special girl. I am so glad that I know her! (and her Mom and Dad) I love the pictures!!

Jenn said...

How did that happen? 5 years? INSANITY!!!! Happy Birthday cute girl!

mamaseversike said...

Wow! Lots of people got their blogs updated today! Amanda's is sweet, Zach's is fun, yours in great! I may not get to bed tonight until late! Jacey's page is wonderful. I remember taking that picture of Jacey at the beach; right after that she is on grandpa's shoulders and put those muddy hands on each side of his face! Dad says that last picture looks like a little girl who might get on his bus (in other words,like a kinder)She has blessed our family for sure. Aren't I just the luckiest granny on the planet? Love you all buckets. mama

Zach said...

I'm going to email a picture to you that has to be on "Jacey's Page" It's from my trip up there about 4 years ago. I"m sure you've seen it, but I"ll send it to you nevertheless.
My word is "motyp"

Zach said...

The next word that showed up is "dudes"! I just had to share that.

Bowles said...

Happy birthday to Jacey!!
Great post Jenn. Good pictures. You are right the she went from a baby girl to a little girl somewhere in between 3 and 4 yrs old. It happens to the best of 'em.