
Here is the Love of my Life. The Father and the Mother.

Justin says, "say chucky cheese." Lucas did with some enthusiasm. We almost got all of us smiling. Lucas is such a handsome devil like his dad. On Sundays he likes to put gel in his hair, then he goes and picks out one of daddy's colgnes to put on. Then after Justin finishes shaving and puts his aftershave on he rubs the rest on Lucas. Without fail Lucas excitedly bounds up to me, for me to smell him. He tells me, "I'n hansum" and I sure assure him he most definately IS "hansum."

And my beautiful girls. Jacey was holding her up instead of holding her hand. We prepped Jacey that she might be going up front with her class to sing to the mommies so she would be prepared for it. She didn't want to on the way to church but once it was her turn she went happily and found her way to the front (with her elbows) and waved so sweet at us. They sang my favorite mothers day song. "I often go walking" and once I heard the music start that was the end of dry eyes for me. She has turned into a girl who is so fun to watch and so easy to be proud of. Bless you Taylor Jane for rolling with the punches. May you always be so delightful. I love you my sweet babies and am so proud to be your Mother.

Mother's day now holds new meaning. I have gained much appreciation for my mother who raised lots and lots of babies. The fact that I didn't start washing my own laundry sooner than I did floors me. Sure, I folded lots, but the copius amounts of washing and hanging (didn't use the dryer a whole lot- can you imagine 11 people's laundry in the dryer, what an electricity bill that would be). The amount of food we must have consumed, the scheduling of activites and arranging transportation. Yet with all that she had on her plate (getting her degree on top of it all) she still managed to plan family home evenings, attend our events, take us on family vacations and teach us all lifes lessons on the way. (I realize she has a great sidekick and whose sidekick she will be on Father's day, ;) I love my kids but being a mom right now isn't all easy breezy and flowery. IT'S HARD work. I look at these pictures and see those sweet faces all ready for church and I do count 3 little blessings sitting on that couch with me. I do realize the importance of being a good mother to my children as my mother has been to me. I know all the ways I try to teach them, I see all the successes and failures along the way but hopefully in the end, when they are grown, they will look back as I do and think "I sure do love my mother." Not a kitten, cow, dog, chicken or a snort. You are a bird and you are MY mother. Happy Mother Day Mom, and to All the Moms and future Mommies.








7 comments:
So you triggered the tears right before my doctor's appointent, that's pretty impressive! :) You have such a beautiful family, Jennis! They are so lucky to have a wonderful mommy (and partner) in life. We love you!
Cute post, Jennis. You are a fabulous mother, just like your own mom. I was so emotional at church too. I think being a mother is the greatest thing I have ever decided to do in my life!!
YAY for wonderful Mothers' Days!!! I'm glad you had such a great day! I LOVE the pictures!! xoxo!!
Amen.... I don't really know what else to say. Hope your wonderful mother had a wonderful mother's day. And I hope you as a wonderful mother had a wonderful mother's day.
Hey, Jenner,
I have tried for a week to think of a way to say thanks for such beautiful words. Of all the things I've ever done, some of them really, really hard, mothering is by far the hard-est, but hands down most rewarding thing I've ever accomplished. To see you all be such outstanding mothers makes my heart about burst. I love you with all my heart.
26 cents,
mom
Jenn, I have never met a better, more patient mother than you. You never need fear you aren't doing a good job with those kids.
My mother's day wasn't that emotional. Does that say something about me? Great, I knew it. That's why I call you.
Have a wonderful day!
this is year 2 after everything - we weren't there last year with the whole having a new baby thing.
Country is the 2nd weekend in July (I believe the 10th-12th).
I think our plan is to leave the 8th (or the 7th if I can get Nate to take all day the 8th off) and get into town - Nate's brother and family will meet us probably saturday mid day and then we'll be touring the state of Oregon thru the 19th :D I CANNOT WAIT and you should TOTALLY make it there!!!! I need to see your cute new girl! :)
Post a Comment