So Jacey's shoes were pretty much the cutest thing ever!
I have noticed the last several posts of mine have all been about primping, shoes, shopping, and minus the one about politics that I ranted about they all had some sort of picture of me in them and that just makes me feel a little bit vain. So here is a post completely free of shopping and fake hair. Justin went on a scout campout tonight as part of his calling so I took the kids bowling for the FIRST time EVER! THEY LOVED IT! They were pretty sure they were going to hate it because I told them we are going to do something fun but it didn't involve going to a friends house so they were pretty sure I was full of it. Well I didn't fail them, we had a blast. We had a short version of the rules and for the most part they did really good. They tried to keep their toes off the line when they went up to throw the ball. They took turns REALLY good. There wasn't even one tantrum! NOT even a single POUT. It was a really good Friday night. We needed one of these together, I was feeling a little like we didn't like eachother. (cabin fever) It was a happy time seeing them enjoy themselves and high five eachother. It gave me a huge sense of accomplishment that we could enjoy ourselves as a family.
They kept up with me, which isn't hard to do. Lucas rolled the ball down the neighboring lanes twice while we were switching turns but luckily no one was using those lanes so no one got ticked. Taylor sat in her seat for the first 30 minutes and then I finally freed her just so she could have a break, otherwise I am sure she would have watched buckled in her carseat perfectly content for the entire hour. What a nice girl. Jacey was loving clash of the pins being knocked down and had a dance for everyone. I am going to try to get the video of her on here cause it is pretty comical. We had a good time being out together having some fun that didn't involve windexing anything. Maybe next time I ask if they want to go do something fun they won't look at me like I don't know what fun is! Thanks for checking in on us. We are happy to be in this family together, and tonight it showed. :)

The fasination with the ball coming back- AWESOME!
Watching Jacey bowl was really funny, you would have thought she'd done this a dozen times before. She would find her ball and put her fingers in the holes (correctly of course) and then procede to her approach. Everytime, she would put her fingers in the holes, just like a little pro.
Lucas really showing off that form! It was so good to enjoy them.








9 comments:
That looks like so much fun! We were having the cabin fever problem as well so yesterday we spent A LOT of time outside....it was great! I haven't taken my kids bowling for 2 years now, I just might have to do that soon! I want to go skating next!:)
Glad you guys had fun!! Next time we'll have to tag along! Ummm.... So, nice background! :o) Great minds think alike ha ha ha!!! Thanks for letting us come crash your house the other day, it was good to spend some time with you!
How doggone cute is that!?! Was that our Yelm lanes? I heard they're remodeled, or did you venture further? They must have been so happy to have a change of scenery they were willing to take turns and everything. Glad it went so well, and you were willing to even TRY it!! Good times. Love you!
I am so glad you guys had a blast! The picture of Lucas and Taylor is adorable. You are a brave lady taking the three of them out to the lanes - what a great experience for all of you!
I love those great family times. They are priceless!! Your kids are pros!! You're right, check out that form. They've got it down! Makes me want to take my family to the bowling alley now. How fun!
Thought I would say hi. It was great seeing you today! I love how cute Jacey was in church today with her little arm around you! Take care.
those are darling, but you know what I miss - the actual tube things they use to put in the gutters - that dates me just a little doesn't it?
Sounds like a VERY fun night. I am glad that I get to keep up on you thru blogs. I miss you!
I bowled 149 the other day! I got a few strikes and it seemed like a never-ending supply of spares. It was on the Wii though, does that still count? Your kids are way cute as usual, Keep up the posts!
Post a Comment