I thought I would let you all know that Justin got to come home about 3 weeks ago for a few days and we really enjoyed having him back, he is in Indiana today has has been to Kentucky, Mississippi, and Wisconsin all within the last 3 weeks and now Indiana. The story changes with the day and the work is drying up by the week which is why so many moves in such a short time. I am jealous that he is having an adventure without me and would love to have our RV back right now so we could be seeing these parts of the country together. He was at the foremans house in Mississippi last night riding 4 wheelers and taking horses to the local store. He has spent a lot of hours in the trucks going back and forth. I am not sure how long Indiana's job will last but all I know is he's working he's happy to be providing and looking forward to these storm checks to start rolling in and boosting the savings back up.
I would say Lucas is potty trained if all we did is stay home and let him play naked. hahaha. We haven't ventured to anyones house, the store, or outside in his undies but he has mastered going potty with clothes on all day long at home. He loves to tell me "I do it mysilf." "I do it" and then he does. Today we got so brave to put him down for a nap in his undies and he woke up DRY!! He still doesn't go on command like "lets go potty before nap time" so I haven't tested his ability to control himself in public yet. I don't actually take him ever, he goes about his business I leave him alone and he tells me "I did it momma, I pee peed in the toilet" I run to see and give high 5's and hugs and give lots of praise, all I do is help wash hands he does he rest. He has done awesome!!!
Taylor is being a crab for the first time ever in her life!! Just kidding but she is so nice that her rare crabbyness throws me for a loop. I think she's growing or teething she was up a lot last night.
Oh, back to Lucas he had ventilation tubes put in last thursday morning because he has had multiple ruptured ear drums and has actually lost a little hearing on his left side. It does require general anesthesia but he was in and out of surgery in 12 minutes. Then we sat in recovery for 45 minutes while he woke up and had a popsicle. That boy is a hit with the ladies I tell ya.
They had a wagon to let the kids have rides in while they waited for surgery and I pulled him around the surgery center once and then he wanted to pull me, which the nurses all loved. Here are a couple pictures of us in our little room before he went into surgery. My Uncle Cliff was brave enough to come watch the girls at 6 in the morning so I could get Lucas there on time for a 7:30 am surgery. He did great and Jacey loved having him there. We were back to the house before Taylor woke up so he didn't even see her. So thanks Uncle Cliff your a good sport, we really appreciate it.

I also have to thank everyone else who has watchced my kids in the last few weeks I have dropped them off to everyone. A friend from Church brought us dinner last week while we were all sick. Lucas had a pre-op appt. tues, his surgery thursday. Saturday I took a break and dropped them at a friends/neighbors house so I could run some errands in town ALONE. I had a dentist appt. Monday and then went and had an IUD put in today. So there has been quite a bit of generosity being given in my behalf. SO to all of you, a big hug and HUGE Thank you. I am so grateful.
Jacey deserves a thank you as well she has grown into such an amazing helper. I tell her all day long go check on your brother, Jacey grab me a diaper. Jace will you go get dressed, clean your room, put Taylors toys in front of her please, go put your clothes away. She does SOOOO good and I would be a lot more frazzled without her. She has a talk to give on Sunday and I know she will do great.
That about wraps up our kind of crazy, I hope I get a chance to catch up on all you crazies soon. I miss reading all your goings on. I am affraid to check my email I bet there are 54. I'll let you know if that guess was far off or not. Happy Valentines Day all you love birds. Soak it up cause I don't get too. Jealous much?? not much...a much too much....(Ace Ventura) Bye for now.








5 comments:
You are so amazingly strong. I love you! I loved reading all about your family. I so wish I was there to help out! I miss you guys like you would not believe!! Please give Lucas a big hug for me! He is so strong! And tell Jacey that she is awesomme for helping out so much. Call me if you ever need to talk...I know you have people there, but I am here too! Miss you! Love ya! Oh, give Taylor a hug for me! Just cause she is Taylor...Robert sends his love!
I am so glad to here you are all doing well. I wish Justin could get a job here and you could all move here!!!!! Wouldn't that be great............for me. I wish I could be closer to you and get to know your kids and your hubby! You are a strong woman and always have been. I look up to you (even though you are shorter) He he he. Good luck and have a Happy V-day!
Looks like you've been busy. Hope you're having fun. I miss you!
What was I thinking? That's all I can say right now....
Hey Jen - Wow, you really have had your arms full! My thoughts are with you my friend. Love you:)
Post a Comment